Thursday 26 July 2012

Easy Composting

I have been wanting to compost for a while now.  I add dried and crushed egg shells and coffee grounds to my plants but that is as far as I have gotten.  Now that I have a community garden plot I can get serious about it.  Here is a guide to how to start your own worm composting bin.  I like the idea of re-purposing an old dresser or nightstand that would otherwise go into the landfill.  If you don't have an old piece of furniture, you may consider purchasing a pre-made worm tray such as this one.  It even features a spigot to extract the compost tea which is a great feature.

There are plenty of sources for making your own versions as well.  Click around to find something that fits your needs.
Option 1,
IMG_3466.JPG  
Option 2,
Worm Compost Bin


 and 3.  
worm bins-DIY Compost Worm Bin

Happy Worming :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Green-Tree